The White Paladin Opines
about pretty much anything that is on my mind or that I find interesting. I'm a teacher, writer, bookseller, fan of crime fiction, film noir, Texas Tech athletics, history and economics and have very strong opinions on politics.


On these subjects and more - opinion pieces, links to articles, pictures, or videos.

Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One of the great crime fiction writers of all time passes away...

Robert B. Parker was an influential crime writer, best known for his character Spenser. Parker's Spencer books were adapted as a television series, Spencer for Hire. He passed away Monday, at the age of 77 in Cambridge Massachusetts. I read a lot of detective/crime fiction myself and though I have read quite a few of Parker's books, I never really counted him as one of my favorites, but there is no doubt that he influenced many of those who were my favorites, including Robert Crais and Dennis Lehane. Here is a link to an article in the LA Times by Sarah Weinman.

No comments:

Post a Comment